GDG- NPS & slavery

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Wed Jan 4 16:38:11 CST 2012

Dennis-

Just a little while ago I wrote you all a post that as late as  last year I
STILL heard the NPS & Tourmobile doing the same thing.   Last spring I
stood at Kennedy and heard the same thing as 20 years  ago.  They never stopped
in 20 years.  It is institutional with the  NPS and has been continuing to
go on for 20 years.

In a message dated 1/4/2012 5:27:06 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
denlaw at gojade.org writes:

Esteemed  GDG Member Contributes:

>All I know about the Gettysburg  Visitor Center is what people  have told
me
>and what I have read  in publications like Civil War News.   Because of
the
>complaints and criticisms I have heard I have avoided the   place.  I am
>tired of the NPS over emphasis on slavery.  I'd  rather  spend my
>money on French
>Onion Soup at the Dobbin  House.

Hello,

All well and god. Everyone is entitled to off the  cuff and
unsupported opinions - this is an Internet discussion group for  gosh
sakes.  If we can't throw stuff against the wall here, where can  we?

But you can see why your unsupported and increasingly  strident "the
sky is falling because the tourmobiles have a lousy script  and I had
a painful experience 20 years ago "  assertions that have  no
relevance to GNMP museum - which you haven't visited -    bring you
the type of reaction it does.

Take  Care

Dennis