GDG- Elizabeth Ann Seton

Tom Ryan pennmardel at mchsi.com
Wed Jan 4 10:39:47 CST 2012

It is interesting to note that, while anti-Catholic bigotry was rampant throughout the country during the decades preceding the CW, that bigotry was embodied in Dorothea Dix, the superintendent of nurses for the Union army, who refused to allow Catholics to serve as nurses.

Needless to say, the relationship between Miss Dix and the nuns was like oil and water.

Tom Ryan