GDG- NPs & Slavery

keith mackenzie bluzdad at
Wed Jan 4 10:36:10 CST 2012

I'm very glad to see that some people read the first two lines of my posts. I am experiencing a halucinatory sense of vindication.
"Hello! I'm The Doctor."
(Dr. Who)

From: Margaret D. Blough <mdblough1 at>
To: GDG <gettysburg at>
Sent: Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:23 AM
Subject: Re: GDG- NPs & Slavery

Esteemed GDG Member Contributes:

Well said. To me also, the people who cry PC all too often seem to feel that they do not need to care about respecting the feelings of others, especially if they claim to be telling jokes. There are a lot of people in the US who seem to feel that the First Amendment means that they can say anything they want and no one can object. Aside from the very basic point that the First Amendment applies to government, not private individuals, the whole point of the First Amendment is that the remedy for allegedly "bad" speech is not government intervention either before or after the fact, but countervailing speech.