GDG- Elizabeth Ann Seton

128thpa at comcast.net 128thpa at comcast.net
Wed Jan 4 10:26:39 CST 2012

<<Allow me to add that their work with the wounded contributed to reducing
anti-Catholic bigotry. It was just a few years afteer the Know-Nothings
flourished.>>

Absolutely!  Many who were critical of them starting out became very impressed with their work.

A gentlemen who had previously criticized the nuns, addressed a group of the Sisters.   “ Will you allow me ladies to speak a moment with you?   I am proud to see you once more.   I can never forget your kindness to the sick and wounded in our darkest days, and I know not how to testify my gratitude and respect for every member of your noble order." That Gentleman was Jefferson Davis.

Paula