GDG- NPs & Slavery

Margaret D. Blough mdblough1 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 4 00:23:39 CST 2012

Kerry-

Well said. To me also, the people who cry PC all too often seem to feel that they do not need to care about respecting the feelings of others, especially if they claim to be telling jokes. There are a lot of people in the US who seem to feel that the First Amendment means that they can say anything they want and no one can object. Aside from the very basic point that the First Amendment applies to government, not private individuals, the whole point of the First Amendment is that the remedy for allegedly "bad" speech is not government intervention either before or after the fact, but countervailing speech.

Regards,

Margaret