GDG- NPS & slavery

ATMackeyJr at aol.com ATMackeyJr at aol.com
Tue Jan 3 20:04:53 CST 2012

In a message dated 1/3/2012 8:29:22 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
CWMHTours at aol.com writes:

Is  neglecting- deliberately- other, perhaps more important,  parts of the
story in favor of overemphasizing slavery and African-Americans at   the
expense of other significant stories OK with you?
-----------------
What's "more important" is a matter of opinion, no?  What's "more
important" to the descendents of the African Americans who lived at  Arlington?  Or
to those who look like them?  What's "more important"  to those who want to
know the history of Arlington before it became a  cemetery?  And if history
is to be relevant, shouldn't it be useful?   What's more useful, "more
important":  learning who's buried in plot XYZ or  learning about what happens
when you lose your freedom?

Are you  concerned about proportion and putting slavery  in it's (ugly)
appropriate place?
----------------
Yes.  We simply appear to disagree about what that appropriate place  is,
and what that proportion should be.

I wrote  a previous post about being trained by  the NPS/Tourmobile in
1992.
Did you read it?
Concerned we're not reading your posts?  : )

As an Air Force veteran, I think Chappie James is far more important than
any of those other guys.  ; )

Best Regards,
Al Mackey