GDG- NPs & Slavery

keith mackenzie bluzdad at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 3 08:14:46 CST 2012

I don't think all "Politically Correct" things are necessarily bad. It's not impossible to go overboard with it, I suppose, but I don't think that this is one of those instances. I already knew, of course, that slavery was an issue that divided the country and was a major (if not the major) cause of the war.  I learned it in fifth grade. I've been to the new VC a couple of times, on my own and with friends and family, and I can't honestly say I was  overwhelmed  by the slavery presentation. I think that the context in which it was presented was pertinent to the war, and to Gettysburg's place in the history of the war. I think that my kids were enlightened, and my friends were reminded of the issues, that seem  removed and foreign to us today.
K.
"Hello! I'm The Doctor."
(Dr. Who)