GDG- NPS & slavery

Jack Lawrence jlawrence at kc.rr.com
Tue Jan 3 07:36:22 CST 2012

We understand that Margaret.

The issue is that since slavery is never was discussed, people are oblivious
to the fact that the "rich history" of the entire country is like a mighty
river with 60% of the flow below the river bed. Slavery is that part of the
flow.

I truly believe that, with the diversity of this country, Gettysburg is on
the cusp of a Valley Forge-a really nice place to bicycle and jog. The way
to prevent that is to attract the diversity, and the way to do that is talk
about the entire history.
The deliberate repression of history is the biggest danger the park could
face. Latschar recognized that.