GDG- NPS & slavery

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Mon Jan 2 23:29:29 CST 2012

Yes. IMHO, just like the Gtysbg V.C. can be criticized for  having too much
emphasis on slavery the NPS has done the same at  Arlington.  My point is
that it appears to be endemic for the  NPS.

In 20 years I have never heard of anyone going to the Cemetery  to learn
about slavery.  And there are stories there just as important if  not more so
that don't get mentioned in place of slavery.

There are plenty of museums in the area that people do go to  to learn
about slavery.  Arl. Cem. isn't one of them.

In a message dated 1/3/2012 12:22:42 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,