GDG- NPS & slavery

Jack Lawrence jlawrence at kc.rr.com
Mon Jan 2 17:32:15 CST 2012

Well,

You know, when there are slave quarters behind the Lee mansion in Arligton
and the two slain Kennedy brotheres (both strong civil rights advocates) are
buried there, I do not see your issue.

My favorite historical site at Arlington is in the back. The Confederate
memorial (the one that the SCV claims shows armed slaves fighting for the
south but really does not) is in the back with the Confederate graves. right
outside the gravel maintenance parking lot. And behind the USCT burial
sites.

Seems kind of appropriate.

HOOK.