GDG- Changes in Gettyburg Battlefield thru the years

Don Ernsberger ernscave at aol.com
Mon Jan 2 13:59:28 CST 2012

Since this topic is one that seems to be continuing, I guess I will throw in my biggest concern and GRIPE

Ugly Change --   All that dirt that was thrown over the stone wall in front of Companies G-K-B-E-C of the 69th Pa  (in front of the copse)

This was done in the 1930's and the dirt still remains covering up the stone wall which the Irish lads from Philadelphia used for protection in the bombardment and the hand to hand fighting July 3, 1863.

Don Ernsberger
author At The Wall
69th Pa "Irish Volunteers" re enactor