GDG- Changes in Gettyburg Battlefield thru the years

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Mon Jan 2 12:40:18 CST 2012

I kinda liked the tower.  I understood what I was looking  at but other
people didn't.

The tourists had a lot of trouble with it.  I don't know  how someone not
well-versed in the battle would understand what they are looking  at outside
of a few obvious landmarks.  I went up there at least a half  dozen times
with friends and wound up giving lectures/tours to the tourists who  were up
there.

There might have been much better exhibits up at the  top.  What they had
wasn't much help to the tourists.

But I am very very glad the tower is gone.  I wish I  hadn't been living
out of the area when it went down because I wudda been there  with champagne
and dancing on it's grave.

In a message dated 1/2/2012 1:11:04 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,