GDG- 7th VA Infantry

Bob Huddleston huddleston.r at comcast.net
Mon Sep 12 23:00:18 CDT 2011

They became the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Regiments, Louisiana Colored
Troops, eventually changing their name to the 73rd through 76th United
States Colored Infantry, part of the 36 regiments of US Colored Troops
formed in Louisiana.

BTW, I  suspect Jack was referring to the 1st and 2nd US Colored Cavalry.

Take care,

Bob

Judy and Bob Huddleston
10643 Sperry Street