GDG- Lee's Military Management skills

CWMHTours at aol.com CWMHTours at aol.com
Mon Oct 17 10:32:18 CDT 2011

Hi

As for luck,  Lee wouldn't refuse it but I think he knew  he had the finest
fighting force in the world.  Just look at the string of  victories,   some
studied by military officers from all over the  world.

You say he didn't have a plan.  I agree in that he came  North with
multiple options in mind depending on what the AOP did.

But Lee didn't need a plan.  Lee - and  Jackson, and Old Pete, could
certainly read a situation and put together a plan  on the spot.
Chancellorsville-  Lee's greatest victory some  say.  He had no plan when that started and,
in fact, was taken by surprise  and had to improvise.

Seven Days to Antietam.  That  was all  improvisation.

Lee didn't need plans, nor would he want to be locked into  one, outside of
positioning the ANV into a position of advantage.

I an sure he would agree with Patton's words, (Roughly like  this):  If you
make a battle plan, go into battle and the battle doesn't  fit your plan
you don't try to change the battle to fit the plan.  You  change the plan to
fit the battle."

Your  Most Obedient Servant,

In a message dated 10/15/2011 12:35:23 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,